The main thing one should try to highlight in a resume is the genuineness and desire to be in the organization. That is why it is important to portray your capabilities well and at the same time attract the recruiter's attention.
Now the question is how do you do it? A simple tip to write objective of technician resume is to detect your sell-able qualities. The following points will tell you how to do that:
- Go through the job description in the advertisement or the source from which you came to know of the vacant position
- Do a quick survey online on what are the different responsibilities a professional handles in other companies
- Compare your experience according to the information you get
- Study about the company's profile. Have a look at the services they offer to the customers, or the products they manufacture, etc.
- More you know about the company and the competitive requirement of a technician, better it is for you to analyse yourself
If you think your experience is your strong point, you may highlight that by mentioning in your objective how well you did your job in your previous organizations.
In case you wish to highlight that you possess skills and expertise in a particular area which is required in the company, make sure you prove you have it in you with proper examples from your experience.
If you wish to highlight your academics, in case of say, a job as a medical technician, you can do so and write about your best score. At the same time do mention how you think that will help you perform better in the actual job front.
This is how one tries to grab attention and carve out a niche for oneself even before meeting the recruiter or employer in person. To survive in the competitive world today one should try to be as sell-able as possible in the resume itself, as it acts as an launch pad for you.